Building the Right Infrastructure (Self Esteem & Self Image)
Gideon is afraid of what the enemy will do. He had to hide wheat in the winepress from the enemy (Midianites), so they wouldn’t come in and take it. Gideon doesn’t see how things will change when the children of Israel have been delivered into the hands of the Midianites. Yet, God tells him that he is a mighty man of valor and will save Israel; however, Gideon couldn’t see that. The lesson from Gideon is that, we have to make sure that we have the proper infrastructure concerning our self-esteem and self-image. When we get a revelation (unveiling) of who God says we are, we can move full steam ahead in our journey, because it’s not based on how others regard us, but what we tell ourselves and how we regard ourselves.
- Establish a relationship with God (II Corinthians 12:9)
- Establish a relationship with God to survive reimaging of yourself.
- It should be a relationship that allows you to experience the power and grace of God, which is sufficient, and gives you space to mess up and get back up.
- Prayer Focus: Lord help me to recreate a better image of myself. Help me to see me as you see me. is sufficient
- Build an Affirmative Action Plan (Romans 12:2)
- Learn how to affirm who God says you are and who God is in your life.
- I hone in on the good and acceptable parts of my life that pleases God.
- Learn how to affirm yourself and do not wait on others to do it.
- Prayer Focus: Lord I agree with your word! I AM fearfully and wonderfully made, in the image of you! I KNOW I can do ALL things through you. GOD LOVES me and is IN LOVE WITH ME!
- Learn to speak God’s language (Joshua 1:8)
- Speak into yourself the laws, word, and affirmations of God.
- I become what I confess
- Prayer Focus: Lord help me to become what your word says I am. As I speak it, I become it. I will become what I confess!
- CHALLENGE: For the entire month of May, become an affirming person. Find the good in the areas of your struggle. Affirm each other and yourself daily.